We know that the college admissions process can be overwhelming! That’s why we created the 1-Day, Paving the Way to the College of Your Dreams immersion program. This game-changing workshop will make the college admissions process rewarding, fulfilling, and eye-opening. Students will create a college list based on who they are and what they want out of their college experience, know the ins and outs of completing the Common App, write phenomenal personal statements and much more. Paving helps students identify that which makes them unique and compelling, equipping them with the tools to articulate their uniqueness in the most organic, impactful, and integral way.
What’s covered in the one-day Preview?
- Learn about the college application process – what goes into making a timeline, how to decide what sorts of activities and classes make sense to pursue so that your own personal story is well-expressed
- Learn the best ways to continue or start your outside activities to create a well-rounded picture of who you are and what you have to offer a college
- Learn and discuss the many common misconceptions about what colleges are really looking for and how to make the most of your application
- Learn the truth of how the specifics of GPA and test scores factor into your overall application
- Learn why networking with colleges you are seriously pursuing is so important
- And, last, but not least… tap into that brilliant narrative that will serve as fodder for your college essays!
“Rainbow was definitely important in my college prep process because the college immersion/mentoring program really helped me to understand the college process and how it works a lot better than I understood it previously. Of course, the writing workshops and time spent brainstorming topics for the application essays were key. I enjoyed being able to discuss ideas, share stories about myself, and talk about our opinions on the college process with other students. It helped give me different perspectives and it made the program fun and social as well. Paving allowed me to realize that it’s important to find a college that’s a good fit rather than choosing a college because it has a big name. Paving also gave me the tools to find the pros and cons of schools in order to make that choice. I found it important to have the program mentors get to know me so they could give input on what colleges they thought would be a good fit for me. Most essentially of all, Paving highlighted my best qualities and showed me how to emphasize them to colleges.”
-Isabel Caro; Undergraduate, Cornell University and Alumna of the Brentwood School