Our Psychology of Success and College Knowledge Night is a complementary and unique event for parents as well as middle school and high school students guaranteed to be eye-opening, anxiety-relieving and powerful. Come and engage in an interactive discussion about what makes an impactful education for teens, the benchmarks of success, how to manage the overwhelm of to-do’s, AP’s, rigorous standardized tests, and the essentials of a personally-tailored college admissions expedition with our dynamic panel of experts. Meet some of our panelists and key note speakers from past events:
- A former admissions officer from Yale and USC and top college admissions counselor, educational consultant, academic tutor, and teen life coach
- The Director of College Counseling at Oaks Christian High School, President of the Western Association of Independent College Counselors, and former Admissions Officer from a top private university who also collaborates with Rainbow’s game-changing Paving the Way to the College of Your Dreams workshop
- An award-winning author and solo performance artist who has helped many students find their unique nerve and articulate the through-line of their application to gain admissions to some of the most competitive colleges in the country
- A recent graduate of a rigorous college preparatory school who has discovered relevant and pragmatic self-discovery practices that will resonate with millennials
- A multi-lingual, recent alum of UCLA who grew up in Europe, attended Winchester College and Oxford, and is an expert in neuroscience, foreign language acquisition, service learning and enrichment, standardized testing and international admissions opportunities
For one night only, attendees and experts will discuss…
- The true factors of success and failure and how to use psychology to put you ahead of the pack
- Minimizing academic anxiety and stress while building an effective support system
- Working collaboratively with therapists, tutors, psychiatrists, and school administrators to make sure your student is primed to reach their potential
- Empowering your student and giving them the tools to take their future into their own hands
- When and how to secure testing accommodations for standardized tests and school coursework
- What little shifts parents can make that will make all the difference in their students’ ability to succeed
This event will be taking place at Beaming Cafe on Montana Avenue in Santa Monica on May 19th, 2016 from 7-9pm. Come enjoy amazing samples from Beaming including delicious organic salads, pressed juices and superfood smoothies, and vegan gluten-free desserts!
Click here to register for this event.