Cindy and her team get in touch with each student’s passions and personal visions. This involves looking for ways in which students can blossom in these areas and assisting them in choosing and pursuing a course of interest. Rainbow Tutoring is committed to encouraging all students, not just in the classroom, but in all areas of their lives. Some of the ways in which we have shown up for our students include:
- Nominating students for prestigious conferences and skill-building retreats.
- Accompanying students to theatre productions, film screenings, and other enriching events throughout the city.
- Supporting students in various classes, seminars, and workshops.
- Partaking in endeavors that make an impact and inspire other students to do the same.
The Rainbow Tutoring family makes it a point to acknowledge and nurture the leadership potential in every student. This inspires confidence and momentum in students and allows them to move in a direction that highlights their natural strengths and positively affects the people around them. Some of these endeavors include:
- Counseling students on the implementation of a nationally-recognized Women’s Leadership Conference at Brentwood School that attracted the likes of Maria Shriver and Lady Gaga.
- Nominating and accompanying our students to Running Start’s National Political Leadership Program.
- Organizing students and community mentors to design and build a state-of-the-art gymnasium for their high school campus.
- Establishing music immersion programs for elementary school children.
- Organizing research-based artistic immersion programs to bolster confidence and unlock creative expression in middle-schoolers.
Community Service Projects
We help students tap into their passions and create projects that make an impact, not just in their lives, but in the lives of countless others. We look for ways to connect students with novel and exciting opportunities to be of service to their school, their surrounding community and the world. Some of Cindy’s personal projects include volunteering as a mentor and academic tutor at women’s shelters in the Los Angeles area and volunteering as a creative writing and theatre instructor for inner city and/or at-risk youth. We are consistently organizing new projects and events based on need and desire.