This cutting-edge program is designed to give 7th through 9th grade students a holistic, meaningful and multifaceted foundation for carving out their own distinctly rewarding and empowering high school experience. We combine the expertise and coaching of our team of highly sought-after educators, teen life coaches, and career exploration mentors to give students the tools they need to develop a strong sense of themselves and a solid knowledge of how to successfully navigate high school and in preparation for college selection. By the end of the program, they will know what they need to do and will have a solid plan in place to explore and accomplish their goals.
The Three Main Staples of the Workshop are:
PART I: HIGH SCHOOL EMPOWERMENT ESSENTIALS
We review the important steps of successfully taking advantage of all that high school has to offer. Students will:
- Hone-in on their distinct learning styles as well as how to navigate specific teaching methods, and learning environments. They will explore various study habits and find the ones that engage them the most, enabling them to perform to their utmost potential.
- Acquire personally-tailored organizational and time management skills that will help them juggle demanding coursework, extracurricular activities, social endeavors, and volunteer opportunities, all the while paving the way for unique and riveting life experiences—both unchartered and profound—that will make the high school years invaluable.
- Learn stress-management techniques and coping skills that will serve them in the here and now, throughout high school, in college, and beyond.
- Pinpoint what really matters in preparation for high school and the steps worth taking in their 8th and 9th grade years.
- Delve into often-overlooked areas worth considering in regards to navigating the rigors of high school, including:
- addressing the “most commonly asked” questions;
- exploring misconceptions;
- fostering impactful relationships with teachers and administrators;
- learning how to make the most of college preparatory curriculum, PSAT/SAT/ACT preparation, the college exploration/admissions process, and more;
- clarifying what matters to them and why, the subjects that pique their interest, and the best ways to pursue their intellectual and creative interests within their high school setting.
- Building flexibility into their plans to accommodate shifting goals and interests.
PART II: IDENTITY EXPLORATION
In this module, students will:
- Engage in powerful and eye-opening self-inquiry and creative exploration so that they can better ascertain their passions and goals while creating a unified underlying vision.
- Discover, cultivate, and articulate their unique qualities, garnering a better understanding of their authentic selves and tapping into their personal “signature.”
- Identify their “likes” and “dislikes” and how these preferences will inform their research, exploration, and decision-making process during high school, college, and beyond.
- Pinpoint strengths as well as areas for potential growth so that academic coursework and extracurricular endeavors can be sought out with greater clarity and purpose.
- Understand how the right set of courses and activities will grow, inspire, and equip them to play out their dreams.
PART III: PASSION TO ACTION
In this section of the workshop, using the knowledge of their unique “signature,” personality, interests, skillsets, desired outcomes, learning style and academic profile, students will identify and pinpoint the best course of action to pursue life-changing activities, internships, summer opportunities and school commitments by means of:
- Creating three profiles: Self-generated, teacher-generated, and workshop leader-generated
- Referring to their “likes” and “dislikes” list
- Creating and/or refining their extracurricular and academic coursework engagement to establish (to inform, to ring true to) their personal through-line and (authentic) narrative.
- Collaborating with our educators, who will review and make additional and specific recommendations individually tailored for each participant
- Understanding various applications, auditions, deadlines, and/or materials needed for entrance into these programs
Students will come away with a deeper sense of self, an attitude of optimism and fervor for the high school experience and the self-awareness that will give them a significant edge with regards to conveying their unique perspectives and assets in order to optimize their chances of attaining admission to the colleges of their dreams!
For any questions pertaining to our Paving the Way to High School Intensives and to reserve a space, please contact our administrative team at 310-902-7912 or rainbowtuto