Who should take this course?
Sophomore or Juinors who want to develop an optimal, personalized, strategic, and comprehensive study plan so that they can steadily prepare for their ACTs while building confidence over time, or incoming seniors who seek multi-faceted preparation and intensive exposure to the test so that they are ready to give it their all in the fall.
What Differentiates Rainbow Tutoring’s Approach to Test Prep:
Small Class Size: Classes are limited to 10-12 students. Whereas our competitors routinely pack the room with 25-35+ students, at Rainbow Tutoring we take pride in results, not returns.
Individualized Instruction: We adapt our program to an individual student’s learning style, allowing us to help students see learning challenges as opportunities for personal growth and fulfillment.
Setting: Our instructors create an intimate, creative, and collaborative “learning community” infused with humor and designed to alleviate the stress of test preparation. We help students find meaning and fun in the test prep experience, which translates into genuine and personal investment in their learning and higher scores.
Standards Review: While our first goal is to help students achieve the highest score they can, we believe that the valuable time students spend preparing for the test shouldn’t just be a “necessary evil” of the college application process, but instead should help students develop their critical thinking, writing and communication skills, positive study habits and the intellectual self-confidence they’ll need to perform at the highest levels in college and beyond. We believe that test prep classes that “teach to the test” miss this valuable opportunity.
Proprietary Curriculum: Our test prep is based on our highly successful preparation methods developed in one-on-one sessions that have helped students obtain 36’s on their ACTs, gain National Merit Recognition, and cultivate critical thinking, problem solving, organizational and leadership skills. Please contact us for a detailed curriculum breakdown for more information.
Actual Test Questions: We believe there is no substitute for experience. Students will complete a comprehensive diagnostic ACT as well as two full-length tests as part of the program. All test questions are drawn from real ACT exams.
After finishing the program, students will be able to:
- Write succinct yet compelling essays with a clear point of view
- Understand math fundamentals – including tricky algebra, geometry, and trigonometry concepts – and know how to I.D. tag problems, remove their disguises, and see them through to completion
- Analyze text effectively when time is limited and clear understanding is essential
- Identify the most insidious and misunderstood grammatical and stylistic blunders of written and spoken English and draw upon tools to communicate more cogently
- Recognize patterns, finds clues, and form reasonable inferences from information presented in charts, graphs, or long-winded passages
Additionally, students will receive:
- Individualized feedback on all three practice exams: the diagnostic as well as the midterm and final ACTs, including the identification of strategies for successfully handling the types of questions students struggle with most
- Customized study plans for each student according to his/her strengths, interests and learning style
- Two hours of one-on-one tutoring with a class instructor prior to the exam in the fall
At Rainbow Tutoring we believe that preparing for the ACT is like preparing for a marathon. Students must:
- Know the course (the material that the test is going to cover)
- Know their strengths and weaknesses (and use those strengths to bolster those weaknesses)
- Know the competition (what the test writers expect from the average test-taker, and how to avoid the traps)
- Build stamina and endurance to make it to the finish line (the ACT requires nearly 3 ½ hours of concentration and strategic effort).
For more information about our upcoming ACT Prep Intensives, please contact our administrative team at 310-902-7022 or email@example.com.